Thursday 24 July 2008

Breath of relief at last

Yesterday I was in Minna, 4 hours drive away from my campus, in a bid to solicit for funds to attend a motivational seminar in Brazil come August 2008. After the official duties, I steeled down to other pressing issues, which included most of all, trying to sort things out with "my princess". She was of course, tired out by the time I made it to her house, because she's been busy of late, organising and starting some financial advisory job. She's actually a member of the Board of Directors, and so, needed to be up and doing.

Well, I had to put up with the fact that she was tired, as I needed to be as caring as possible, even as I sometimes try to define the word CARING without getting a headway.

We had some time to talk, and of course stare at each other for long moments in which chemistry burned, then her roommates showed up. From then on, I could only relegate myself to the background and refuse the spotlight, as my spirits were already dampened by some realisations before her roommates came.

Then the time for me to leave approached, but the all were ruing the fact that I was leaving. However, we spent almost an hour together, after she offered to walk me to the road. We talked about ourselves and most importantly, why I wanted nobody but her in my life.

We had a long talk, and she finally persuaded me to take her as a friend (a very special friend), and get to know each other more. This should materialise into a strong relatiponship that will culminate in her becoming the nucleus of my empire.

I liked the idea, as it would not only help me concentrate on my studies, but also build myself to the challenge of the situation. Something I learnt from it, was that when I get a conviction, I must follow it till the end, and even if I must leave room to negotiations, it must certainly be the last resort, and to my benefit.

Now, am back in school writing this post, preparing to work on my project title, continue a project development framework, and face my courses with gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment