Monday 12 May 2008

AIMING FOR THE TOP

On Sunday, I received a call to inform me that I have been invited to a workshop for student - correspondents of a newspaper house in Nigeria's commercial hub, Lagos.

I was elated and quickly sent a confirmation, for my presence. It has been one of the things I have always dreamt of, one of the things I have always wanted, a room to explore the world of the things I most desire and crave.

I had started writing for the campus section of the newspaper, and I had just reeled in two reports when the invitation came knocking on my door, and I grabbed it with two hands.

Now, am in euphoria, and am preparing to learn the art of journalism and polish my writing at this workshop.

I would not also rule out the opportunity to create a network of contacts. It would also enable me to check on my girlfriend, Ifunanyam, Chiamaka, Vivian.

No comments:

Post a Comment